Sunday, 7 August 2022 at 9:00 AM to Sunday, 7 August 2022 at 6:00 PM
Organiser: Alex Monckton
Meet at Hunter Carpark at 9am to be ready to leave 9:10
- Park and start walking around 10, what we’ll probs do is take Collies track down to Ladle Bend, then there are a couple options to get to the Summit picnic area.
- Check out the old station, scrapyard, and 600m long Summit tunnel 👀. Walk to the end of it and back, maybe walk all the way to the Siberia Gully lookout (there’s apparently a cool swing bridge, who doesn’t love a good swing bridge?)
- Find our way back roughly the way we came (again a couple different routes available - see map below). The Summit could be a good lunch spot and if the weather’s good we can stop for a dip in the river
- Once back at the cars if people are keen we could do the quick 20min climb up Remutaka Trig to catch the sunset and some sick views
WHAT TO BRING:
- Food + water
- Torch for the tunnels
- Togs if you might be keen for a swim
- Warm clothes (could be cold and windy up the trig)
Login to see Trip Emergency Contact.
This trip has already happened!