Tuesday, 10 October 2023 from 5:45 PM to 8:00 PM
Organisers: Patrick Hayes, Kate Morris, Zita Keller, Colan Balkwill
The club's Annual General Meeting, where we give a few speeches about the year, prove that we haven't been siphoning money off to Monaco, and vote for the 2024 committee
From 5:45pm: Pizza 🍕
- Receive minutes from previous AGM
- President introduction and summary
- Chief Guide Report
- Treasurer financial summary and budget voting
- Special business: approve re-registering as an incorporated society. There is a new incorporated societies act - if we want to keep being an incorporated society, we have to re-register under this act before 5 April 2026. We will get members' approval to re-register at the AGM so we can start the process next year
- Finally, voting for new committee positions
Venue is VUW Kelburn Campus - AM106.
Nominees don't need to be present to be elected, but they do have to agree to take on the position. Best to get in touch with us if you won't be there but want to run for a position, so we know you want it. And remember to nominate yourself in the form!
Ultimately responsible for the club administration. Organises the agenda for club nights and acts as the first point of contact for prospective members. Runs committee meetings
Runs the tramping side of the club, organises lots of trips for all experience levels including bushcraft and snowcraft.
Assistant Chief Guide
Helps the Chief Guide
Looks after club membership, correspondence of the club, and any other admin.
Manages club finances, trip payments, refunds etc.
Organises rock-climbing trips and rockcraft.
Organises club social events including freshers, tramps tramps tramps, bush ball, bush rave.
Acts on behalf of the club on environmental and conservation issues.
Gear Custodians x2
Runs the gear shed and maintains club equipment.
Publicity Officers x2
Works to publicise events on the Insta and Facebook. Produces Heels. Keeps website up to date.
Acts as club representative to the Tararua, Aorangi and Rimutaka Huts Committee (TARHC) and DOC. Organises hut maintenance trips.
Login to see Trip Emergency Contact.